As requested by many parents, we are introducing an additional intervention model at Lexicon Reading Center. While our present one-on-one intervention model has been very successful in advancing the literacy and numeracy level of students with dyslexia, dysgraphia and dyscalculia, the cost associated with it has a at times been an impediment to reach many students who need evidence based remediation.
We have now decided to develop an additional intervention model that combines up to 5 students of comparable literacy or numeracy needs in a small group intervention. This significantly reduces the cost for each student as below:
|Average Hourly Rate – 1-On-1 Model||Average Hourly Rate – Group Class|
|AED 300||AED 150|
Students who choose the small group model will be assigned to a particular group according to a careful analysis of the initial assessment, the student’s functional literacy or numeracy level and their particular learning profiles. Parents can be assured that we continue to deliver a quality remediation by maintaining the quality standard as below:
- Following the same research-based, evidence based intervention model as the one-on-one sessions.
- Individualized measurable goals.
- Regular progress monitoring checkpoints for students.
- Significant skills gain.
- Regular communication with parents and schools.
- Progress report and meeting at the end of every intervention cycle.