We are pleased to announce that Flo Kimmerling has joined the Lexicon team as a Language Intervention Consultant and Case Manager. Flo has more than 18 years experience in the field of education and in particular in reading difficulties.
Flo is adding great value to the Lexicon Reading Center in Dubai by contributing to the enrichment of programs, supporting team development and consulting and supervising intervention programs for individual students.
Flo has been awarded for her significant contributions to the field of language-based learning difficulties. She holds various degrees and credentials in the field of language . Besides her work as a lecturer in the Communicative Disorders Program at San Francisco State University over the past 18 years, she has been touched and enlightened by the hundreds of students she has worked with since 1994.
- Master of Science in Communicative Disorders, San Francisco State University, 1991.
- Master of Education, Harvard University, 1971.
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, Northwestern University, 1970.
Selection of the Honors-Awards:
- Outstanding Faculty Award, San Francisco State University, 2010.
- Outstanding Achievement Award, California Speech and Hearing Association, 2009.
- Clinical Certificate of Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, American Speech-Language and Hearing Association, 1993
- License in Speech Pathology, Board of Medical Examiners, State of California, 1993.
- Teacher of English Language Arts And Literature-Grades 6-12, State of California Standard Credential.
- Instructor of Basic Education,State of California Community College Credential.
- Student Personnel Worker, State of California Community College Credential.
- Reading Specialist, Coursework Completed at Harvard University and UC Berkeley.
- Lecturer in Special Education, San Francisco State University, 1994-present.
- Speech-Language Pathologist, Scottish Rite Institute for Childhood Language Disorders, San Francisco, California, 1991-2006.
- Language Therapist,Private Practice in Educational Evaluation of Language Disorders in Children, 1991-present.
- Educational Consultant and Coordinator of Learning Disabilities Programming, St. Ignatius High School of San Francisco, Ca., 1996-1998.
- High School Teacher,Teaching of High School Language Arts and English Literature (Remedial Language and Reading Skills), 1971-1980.
- Guest Lecturer, at Association of Educational Therapist, West Contra Costa School District- Dept. of Special Education, San Mateo County Association of Speech-Language Pathologists.
Educational and Professional Organizations:
- American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
- California Speech and Hearing Association.
- International Dyslexia Association.
- Association of Educational Therapists.